From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2010 17:39:26 -0700
Well, I've been tracking the remaining new PJ Caribbean countries since their earlier appearance.  but now, with the contest coming up, a few guys are back down there and running pile ups for practice.  I have worked them all, finally after today, with 100 watts and my R7 vertical on the roof on the WARC bands.  The one I worked on 17 meters today was working Japan pile ups only every time I ran across him for the whole week I have been following him around the bands.  He finally thinned out all the J A boys and just started working anybody.  I turned on my MFJ keyboard, punched up the RIT, spun the vfo knob up aways, tuned his signal in, called one time, and he answered me.  So that was easy.

Phil.
K0NX