From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2010 08:50:44 -0600
Great!
Now, you have to run command.com the vocal-eyes driver for the triple talk,
and ve.com.
When you get that sequence down, you make a shortcut to the desktop from
your game's executable file.
Just like you would do with a windows program or often used file.
Now right click the icon, and under the program tab you will find an
advanced tab.  There you will find two references, 1 to autoexec.nt and the
other to config.nt.  They live in the windows\system32 folder.  You edit
autoexec.nt adding your command.com speech driver and ve program at the
bottom.  Then you save the file as autoexec.txt.
Now change the reference in that advanced property dialog to read
autoexec.txt rather than autoexec.nt and you have a talking dos prompt with
a configurable dos screen reader.
I use this for dos, q&a, and I have used it for super morse.
Sometimes I even do things in word perfect 5.1.
Nobody has wanted this information in probably 7 years.  I didn't think
anybody would ever care how to make a talking dos box.