From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2010 08:15:43 -0700
I don't know that radio, but with an ht, almost anything would be an
improvement over the standard duck they come with.  As someone else
suggested, a mobile antenna magmount would help a lot, something outside
even better.  It kind of depends on what you can afford to spend.  Also,
those jay poles aren't bad, you can hang them on a thumb tack in the
wall.  Just be sure you get the right connector for your talkie.  If it
is a push down and quarter turn to remove the rubber duck, it is
probably a bnc, if it screws off, probably s m a.
73
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr
open Node 3148