From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 20:08:41 -0500
The Jackson radio club had a junk auction last night.

People brought lots of stuff, some of which should have fallen out of
the truck during the trip to the meeting, but it was fun!

My contribution to the confusion was the world's largest collection of
banana jacks. Somebody came to my office a few weeks ago, and handed
me what had
been part of a homemade patch panel or something. There were 25 pairs
of red and black banana jacks on that contraption.

Included in the sale were several items that had been stashed in
various storage boxes in the club station at our Red Cross chapter for
who knows
how long.

One of those items was a Clegg 22'ER-FM. I remembered the 22'ER for
AM, but never knew they made one for FM.

It followed me home for $5.00.

Apparently it has a tunable receiver, and 8 or 9 crystal positions in
the transmitter, plus a connection for a vfo. I don't know if there
are any crystals in it or not. I'll look inside
it eventually. The few mentions of it that I have found on the
internet refer to it as a 60 watt rig, with a tube type transmitter,
and a solid state receiver.
The AC power supply is internal. factoring in the supply, I don't
think it weighs enough to be a 60 watt rig.

One knob is missing from a control on the back, and the threads in one
knob on the front are stripped.
Otherwise, Kathleen says it looks pretty good.

Since Kathleen was there when I bid on it, I didn't have to ask: "Can
we keep it?" But, it did raise the question, "Well, now that you  have
it,
what on earth will you do with it?"

Mike Duke, K5XU