Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:01:20 -0400
Hi list.
I like to think of myself as a DX hunter, even though I'm not vary good at it.
I use the hunt and pounce method.
I'd rather try to bust a pileup than try to control one.
Not that I'd ever cause one. LOL
After being on HF for less than a year and a half, I only worked 88 countries with 49 confirmed.
I have frequency ranges programmed into my rig from 80 through 10 meters, and I pick a band to scan for DX.
When I hear a signal I stop and listen for a while.
I like this method because if I scan a band using the main tuning knob, I tend to go to fast and miss things.
What I'd like to ask is, what are some good frequencies you have found to be good for DX on phone?
Some times I'm doing something other than radio when I'm in the shack, and I don't want to scan a band, and have to stop what I'm doing to stop the rig, back it up and check out a signal.
Any suggestions to improve increasing my DX contacts would be greatly appreciated.
Right now my station is a Kenwood TS-2000, a Heathkit SB-220, MFJ manual tuner, and the antenna is a Cushcraft R7 with the feed point about 8 and a half feet off the ground.
I have the antenna grounded to a chainlink fence that runs almost a whole city block in a straight line.
The fence is broad side to east and west, if that matters.
Also I'd like to say, I'm not trying to be rude if I don't reply to every post.
I don't believe it's considerate to cluster up the list with one line thank you messages.
I'm not trying to criticize anybody.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions, and 7 3 to all.

KB3GOS