From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 2010 17:02:53 -0400
you'll need either software/ft817 Commander, or the software sold by either
RT systems, or w4RT, also I believe that the ham radio delux software  will
allow for this part of menu setting, although it will not allow you to do
mems.  You turn on the charger, and you set the length of time in a charge
cycle, I believe the options are 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 hours, although I'm not
sure.  I believe the manual says you need to charge one size bat for 8
hours, and the other size for 10 hours, but I'm not sure.  You can
also/although I don't particularly reccommend it, do what's known as the
"green wire mod" referring to a change in the placement of the green wire in
the double A pack so that charging will then take place on AAs.  The default
position in that tray is non charge, and the default position on the battery
charge option is also off.  Gary lee sent the ft817ND manual to
icanworkthisthing.com  HTH, dd.