From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2010 15:49:32 -0400
Howard,

Since it's still a current production  radio, I don't think that  parts
supply would be an issue.   It might be worth a phone call or two.   You
should be prepared to pay shipping both ways and some nominal fee for  a
diagnosis/estimate.

Without insulting the intelligence of you or your friend, I will assume that
a full reset has been tried?

I've had good success with Kenwood East in VA.     not cheap, but good work
and very fast turn around time, unless parts need to be ordered.   Cliff
Holland in TX and Mike N1 something or other in New England have good
reputations for repair work.

73 Steve KW3A