ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 2010 19:44:22 -0600
This is a request for both my 14 year old grandson and his mom, Gretchen,
whom many of you have been praying for 14 years or more.

Everett has been going to public school for the last few years.  He has
drifted away from spiritual things and been hanging around with the wrong
types of kids.  A few weeks ago, he was at a shopping maul with three other
boys and one of the boys snatched a woman's purse and ran.  The other three
boys ran off, too, of course, but it all was caught on security cameras so
eventually, all the boys were arrested.  When Everett was taken to the
police station by his mom, once the police traced her down and after finding
out Everett's name, the police did a urine analysis and at that very moment,
he was super high on Marijuana.  Last Wednesday, since Sandy and I are his
legal guardian, I had to go with Gretchen and her son to juvenile court.  He
pleaded guilty and was offered a program called diversion.  This means you
take classes on drug and alcohol prevention, as well as other things, and
you are assigned something like a probation officer who calls you in at
weird and various times to have you give UA's.  This insures the court that
you are following diversionary rules and guidelines, aren't doing dope, or
hanging out with the other kids with whom you were getting in trouble with
in the first place.  If you go through this program without any further
problems, it is erased from police computers and you won't have an arrest
record.  We'd appreciate your prayers for him because he doesn't seem to
think this whole thing is a big deal but what he did is a felony.  Gretchen
is a nervous wreck because this is the sort of thing she went through when
she was his age so pray for her, too.  I had a long talk with my grandson
before going to court last weekend but he just sat there and didn't say
anything so I doubt he got much out of it and likely didn't listen.

Phil.