ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Doris and Chris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2011 01:00:13 -0400
The other day I asked if someone knew where to obtain a Bible in
Daisy audio format. A brother in Christ had and shared one.

This is the "Today's New International Version" (TNIV) put out by
Torchtrust for the blind. The Bible is in audio-only daisy format,
i.e. there is no electronic text but just the audio. The Bible can be
navigated by Book, chapter and verse where the verse level is not by
individual Bible verse but by verse group i.e. paragraph.

You will need a daisy capable hardware bookplayer such as a Bookport
or Victor stream or Daisy reader software such as AMOS or FS Reader
to take full advantage of the daisy format. Of course, any mp3 player
will play the mp3 audio part of this daisy book.

This audio Bible was produced for and by Torchtrust for the Blind and
features a multivoice cast of all-British readers. While this is the
same Bible translation that is used in the "Bible Experience", this
is not a dramatized Bible but only features different readers for
different books of the Bible.

The bible origianlly comes on 4 cd's. In order to make it uploadable,
I reduced the bitrate of the audio portion to 32 kbit mono mp3's.
There is no music or sound effects with this audio Bible but just the
voice-only narration. So I hope you will find the audio quality
acceptable. All the navigation features remain the same as with the
original Bible cd's.

There is one 7-zip archive for each of the cd's of the Bible. Disk
No. 2 needed to be put into a 2-part archive because its size
exceeded Sendspace's 300-meg limit on the upload. You will need both
parts of the split archive to extract disk 2.

7-zip or winrar will extract the 7-zip format.

I pray you will be blessed by and will enjoy this audio Bible and
will find the daisy navigation helpful in your studies.

Enjoy and be blessed!

Doris

forwarded download links:

You have successfully uploaded a file called TNIV DAISY disk 1.7z
(228.3 MB), to sendspace.
You can use the following link to retrieve your file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qj5h1e

You have successfully uploaded a file called TNIV DAISY disk 2.7z.001
(175 MB), to sendspace.

are needed to extract disk 2.
You can use the following link to retrieve your file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rht6l2

You have successfully uploaded a file called TNIV DAISY disk 2.7z.002
(137.6 MB), to sendspace.

are needed to extract disk 2.
You can use the following link to retrieve your file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/npcemz

You have successfully uploaded a file called TNIV DAISY disk 3.7z
(251 MB), to sendspace.
You can use the following link to retrieve your file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nejptj

You have successfully uploaded a file called TNIV DAISY disk 4.7z
(266 MB), to sendspace.

You can use the following link to retrieve your file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8rtl4r