ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rhonda Partain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2011 22:02:49 -0400
A cousin of mine lost her youngest daughter three years ago, today her
daughter would have been 37.  She was missing her and I wrote her this poem
         One Day
one day I'll run through Heaven's gate,
no longer will I have to wait,
I'll have what I've been longing for,
I won't have to miss you anymore

Who can count all my tears,
as day after day,
Year after year,
there was an empty space,
a missing face,
It's so hard to say goodbye to one so dear,
But,
One day I'll run through Heaven's door,
and I'll have what I've been longing for, all  tears will be wiped away,
and day after day,
Year after year,
We'll have each other,
and God will be near,
and we'll never have to say goodbye to someone so  dear!
One day,
I'll run through Heaven's gate,
Until then I'll anticipate,
joy which cannot be defined,
and love that will last forever, and for all time.