ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 2009 23:38:13 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Please continue to pray for  my loving Vernon.

Vernon is in the hospital, from a little complication from his
Colonoscopy procedure last Friday.

He was bleeding when he went to the bathroom, and he went a whole lot today.

This afternoon, I was upstairs, when Vernon called me. I hurried down
stairs to find him laying on the floor in the bathroom, almost passed
out. I asked him what he wanted me to do, and he told me to call 911.
I did so. This was the first time, I've had to call 911 from our
Vonage line. Vernon was laying on the floor, and he was close to
passing out. He was in the bathroom.

The ambulance was here in less than five minutes. I was way impressed.

Jim Farrell, our neighbor, was also here. They took Vernon to the
hospital here in town, and Jim took me to the hospital. They did
blood work, and xRays, and started an I.V. He was doing pretty good,
and I asked the nurse to call Doctor Cy, in Huron, since he had done
the Colonoscopy procedure last Friday.

When the nurse told us that Doctor Cy said to send Vernon home, and
for him to go to the clinic tomorrow, to see Doctor Cy, I told them,
no, and that he was not going home, as long as he was bleeding. I
told her to call Doctor Cy again, and to bypass his nurse, Gloria.
She did just that, and Doctor Cy told her to send him via ambulance
to Huron and they would admit him. I found out
  when Doctor Cy had called me this evening, that he didn't realize
how much Vernon was bleeding, and he apologized.

Vernon is in the Huron Hospital in Intensive care. He  was doing very
well, when I talked to him earlier this evening. I know that Doctor
Cy will not release him until he stops bleeding. He said this can
happen after a Colonoscopy.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Please keep him in your prayers.

Thanks much.