From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 2010 18:18:16 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: tom behler [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2010 5:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Need some input on HF wire antennas for the Michigan house

        Lloyd:

Well, although I love making DX contacts, I wouldn't consider myself to be a

serious DXer.

Probably, most of my interest will be state-side qsos and nets, which is why

I'm thinking more of the wire-type antennas.

I do not have the money right now for another tower and beam set-up.

Plus, there actually is some question as to how long we will be staying in
Michigan, since I am hoping to retire in about 4 or 5 years, after which
time my life could take a number of different directions.  It is way too
pre-mature right now to say which direction that would be, but I guess what
I'm saying is that, although we're moving back to Michigan because that is
where the job is, that is not likely to be where we will be staying for many

years down the road.  Therefore, I don't think another tower will be in my
future for a while.

I hope this makes sense, and that my thinking is heading in the right
direction for the situation.  If not, please feel free to offer another
opinion.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ