From:
Phillip Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2014 23:46:53 -0500
 For the last few months my pc has been sporadically hanging up. It
only lasts from a half second (on videos and music) to 3 or 4 seconds
hangs on a note sounding like a motorboat or jackhammer or the rolling
of an "R" as in speaking french. I was viewing it as a minor annoyance
till I realized  it was making burning a cd impossible.

 My pc is...
ASUS P5G41T-M LX PLUS
Intel Core 2 Quad
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB
4096 MB ram (x2)
60GB SATA XP pro
64GB SSD Clean
320GB SATA (files)
The ssd previously had Win 7 pro but I accidentally re-formatted it
and now can't locate my disc to re-load.

 I tried to see if what was causing it to happen would show up in
system processes (Task manager) but had no luck. I downloaded process
hacker but any changes in activity flash and disappear too quickly to
see what's happening. I've also run Avast scan, Hijack this and
Malware bytes with no luck. My system restore has been disabled since
this began so I can't go back.

 I thought of trying a repair with the xp disc but have misplaced it
(yes, I have organizational issues) and only have xp home discs
available (would xp home disc repair xp pro? and is there any since in
even trying?).

 Two things I've thought of trying is installing each of the ram
sticks separately and even cloning the drive to the ssd using Acronis
but haven't as of yet.

 Any thoughts on finding and repairing the glitch would be much appreciated!

 Phil

                          PCSOFT's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>