From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:06:32 -0230
Hi Lloyd:

I guess I did get confused with the roofing filter setup.
I was looking for away to get my SSB down to around 2K on a crowded band and looking at the filter curves in my manual, I can get to 1.8 on SSB, 500CW and I think around 6K on A.M and F.M.
This is my 1ST experience with any roofing filter what so ever so I've never listened to a rig up close with both the 3K and 15K filters.
I do find that my CW could be narrower but its ok for the price I paid. I have found the SSB side to be pretty good.
So I probably just grabbed the wrong end of the stick! LOL
Thanks for the clarification.

73:

Michael DE VO1RYN