From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:06:53 -0400
From: David Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: September 22, 2010 3:36:57 PM EDT
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: [nfb-talk] Fwd: [Nfb-idaho] Brett Winchester
>=20
> I am sad to forward a message concerning the sudden passing of =
long-time member Brett Winchester -- from Idaho.  I worked with him in =
the Radio Reading Service field for many years and knew him to be =
committed to his family, the NFB, his reading service and listeners, and =
his church.  I know he will be missed.
>=20
> David Andrews
>=20
>=20
>> From: Ramona Walhof <[log in to unmask]>
>> To: "NFB of Idaho Discussion List" <[log in to unmask]>
>> Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 19:08:19 -0600
>> Subject: [Nfb-idaho] Brett Winchester
>>=20
>> For some reason I cannot read the message Susan sent here, but she =
said it was brief.  I thought perhaps I should fill in a little more =
information.
>>=20
>> Brett has known he had liver failure for several months.  I thought =
he was working on a liver transplant, and he said he had several people =
who could be a match for tissue.  Marie called me this morning and said =
he started going down hill rapidly Sunday afternoon, and she thought =
there had been internal bleeding.  He died last night about 9:30 p.m.
>>=20
>> I talked to Brett Sunday afternoon.  He was on medication for a liver =
infection for which he had been hospitalized earlier last week.  He =
didn't sound terific, but he certainly did not sound as though he was =
near death. He was on one of his searches for an obscure piece of =
information for which we all remember him so well.
>>=20
>> Marie said she will let us know about services, but probably not =
until the end of next week.  Their church is the Church of the Bretheren =
on Cole Road, and that will be the location.  As we all know Brett was a =
committed Mason, so we can be pretty sure that will be part of the =
service.
>>=20
>> Perhaps I do not need to say that I was shocked at Marie's call this =
morning.  We want to offer as much support to her and the girls as =
possible. Mary Ellen and I will do our best to keep in touch and let you =
all know. For those of you who do not remember, Annette and Evelyn are =
the Winchesters' daughters.  All four of them worked very hard on our =
cinnamon roll booth as long as we had it.  The girls practically lived =
there during the fair.  They are wonderful young women now.
>>=20
>> Brrett isa past president of the Treasure Valley Chapter, and he =
worked for maybe as much as twenty years for the Commission for the =
Blind.