From:
Eric Clegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2010 18:03:46 -0700
Hi listers,
I managed to solve the problems I was having with my Kenwood THF6A.

I still have othr questions but here is what I did.

Here were the symptoms.

First I kept getting a high beep whenever I tried hitting the 7 key to turn the tone on.

I was able to work the repeater I wanted to with a tone of 123.0 but could not change the pl tone.

Second whenever I pressed the star key I would either get a low beep or a high beep.

So to remedy the problem I did the following from a little file called restoring the beep from I Can Work This Thing.

With the radio turned off I turned it on again while holding down the power button and the A key at once.

The radio beeped.

I then turned the knob on the top two clicks clock wise.

After doing this I hit the joy stick once to the right to confirm my choices.

Now I need to know what sort of reset did I do.

I've looked in the manual for this rig and see that there are at least four kinds of reset that can be performed.

I could not tell by reading the manual how to do this.

The procedures are confusing or I'm missing something.

Nowhere di it tell me to turn the rig on while holding down the A key and then the procedure I outlined above.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

I was lucky and solved my problem but I have no idea why.

Also if I did a full reset the public radio station I had programmed into the B receiver was still there.

Also my PL tone problem was solved.

Any helpful insights from the folks on this list would be appreciated.

One more question. I have a batteries america drop in charger.

Will this charge their higher capacity batteries or the Kenwood ones as well that are now supplied with this rig.

When I bought the charger a number of years ago I was using to charge the 1500 MA batteries that came with the rig at the time.

Have a great holiday weekend.

73,

Eric
KU3I