From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 23:30:16 -0600
That's why I sent the V.X.5-R. back in favor of the Ati-600 which
has its drawbacks like limited battery life on the battery that is
included as well as on the shell that holds 6 double A. batteries
but
it is accessible.  One thing I like about one of the Yaesu radios
is that it allows you to scroll through the P.L. tones and key up
the mike until you find the P.L. you need to access any given
repeater.  I am sorry I can't think of the model that allows
this.  Whereas on the Ati-600 the Press to Talk gets you out of
most menus so that won't work.  Of course it has the P.L. finder
but the repeater has to be active in order for that feature to
work and even if it finds it, there is no way to know which tone
it is without being able to look at the display.

Harvey