BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2011 00:34:29 -0400
From:  [log in to unmask] [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:44 PM

> Our spec writing teacher told us that doctors bury their mistakes, lawyers
> send theirs to jail, and architects plant ivy around them.  It was news to us, then.

As this apocryphal story was told to me, it was Frank Lloyd Wright who said "Doctors can bury their mistakes; architects can only plant vines." The part about the attorneys is new to me, but it fits.

> As it happens, I hate gerania, which could be related to their having been, in my yout', my mother's favorite plant material.

In a totally unrelated aside, my brother had a stint as a geranium surgeon during his hippy years in the mountains of western Pennsylvania (close to Fallingwater, actually, which suggests that somehow this is actually not entirely unrelated). Apparently, every single doted-upon geranium that your mother loved, and every geranium that you have ever seen, was infected with a geranium disease that renders them slow-growing and tiny. My brother would deploy microscopic surgery to remove the cells of the growing tip before the virus would infect them, and they would be cultured in a hermetically-sealed greenhouse. In six weeks, they would grow to have multiple geranium trunks sporting blooms the size of softballs, plants which were then taken to state fairs and flower shows the world over to be awarded blue ribbons, silver trays, and golden trophies.

dan gee now i have a yen for hostess snowballs becker
--

 “E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized City or Law Enforcement official.” -- **Please remember to trim posts, as requested in the Terms of Service** To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: <http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html>