BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2011 15:46:56 -0700
Cuyler
Sorry to hear of your troubles. It sounds like you are well on the way
to mending. Best of luck.

Green because it was cheap. Blue was expensive. I don't know why not
red, yellow, etc. There are many interesting writing re: blue. First
the pigment was very expensive cobalt. Then folks came up w different
minerals and developed Prussian blue, an inferior substitute but also
costly to most. In the US folks came up with a blue made from all
manner of stuff including cow blood. Blue marked wealth. So any which
way. In Oregon, s of Portland early Russian settlers formulated a blue
known locally as Aurora blue. This hue of blue (a dirty cobalt-color)
is ubiquitous in the world. If anyone nails why green, it will be
interesting.

Mary
Mary Tegel
hands on impresario