From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 2010 08:34:35 -0400
the a button and number 8 will do it. If you do it on 440 it will not have
any effect on 2 meters or 220. Remember the repeater auto offset won't work
on 440 so you need to set your offset yourself which is probably the reason
of the beep, it was probably on a plus offset where it should have been a
minus which will almost always put it out of band. Just hit the function
button, also the A button, then the number 8 and it should go from plus to
minus to simplex, low beep is simplex I think but it's been so long since I
changed that on that radio don't quote me on that.