From:
Andy Baracco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 20:00:40 -0800
hi Kevin,

i only recently purchased an iPhone 3GS.  i am only familiarizing
myself with the apps that come standard, and have not yet downloaded
any other apps.  The unit does contain a GPS receiver.  There is a
compass app that comes standard, and gives you lat and lon as well as
the compass direction that you are facing in degrees. There are some
free apps such as "what's Around" and "around me" that will tell you
where you are and gives you some POI's. Tom Tom has an iPhone app,
but do not know about accessibility.  navigon mobil navigator costs,
i believe, $89, and will give you turn by turn directions and a rich
list of POI's. There is no app that will compete with the blind
oriented GPS solutions such as sendero or Trekker.
Don't know about ham radio apps.
Andy