ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2010 18:07:46 -0600
I wanted to report what I have discovered thus far on the Christian text
website Dory mentioned the other day called Optasia Ministry.

http://www.optasiaministry.org/

I have literally wanted to be able to read the Amplified Bible for study
purposes since I was a teenager.  I looked for years, once I got a computer,
and kept my ears opened for one, to, but until Dory mentioned Tom's website
and all the Christian text books and files he has, I always came up empty
handed.  Now not only did I get an RTF version of the Amplified Bible for my
hard drive, but Tom sent me a more usable version made for the Victor
Stream.

My favorite inspired writing of the four Gospel has always been John's
Gospel.  Once, when I was in my early twenties, I literally memorized the
entire Gospel.  As you likely already know, the first chapter alone is
filled with so much doctrine and theology, you could write a dozen volumes
on the information found there and still not cover everything.  so, once I
got the RTF and the HTML victor stream versions, I put them to good use and
the first chapter I took time to read of the whole Bible was John Chapter
One.  In the first dozen verses or so, I gained some spiritual insight I had
never really considered before and you are reading a message by someone who
dogmatically looks up nearly every word he comes across in the Bible, Old
and New Testaments alike, and likewise spends hours cross referencing
passages to get the fullest understanding of the word usage as possible.
This is the nature of the Amplified Bible in the first place.  So the
results of the website have helped me a great deal right off the bat.  I
found the website a dream for the serious Bible student.  The word Optasia,
according to the website, biblically means vision or dream.

I'm not in any way suggesting I agree with everything I find to read on the
website but that's my bias related to every Christian website, except for my
own, grin, I log on to.  Anyhow, thought you might like to hear another
suggestive opinion.

Phil.

Satan Has A God Complex
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com