From:
Martin McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 2010 07:25:05 -0500
	The answer is basically yes. Except for simplex
activity, most repeaters use some sort of tone access especially
on ten-meter input frequencies to try to cut down on the chaos
during a band opening.

	You may also need to see if the repeaters you want to
access have some other type of tone access such as a 1800-HZ
burst, DTMF or similar setup. I hear ten-meter repeaters
occasionally give their access tone during their ID such as

"This is the K5XYZ repeater in Dallas, Texas using a 88.5 Hertz
PL tone."

	This is a fictitious system but I have heard messages
similar to that .

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer