From:
Mary Garrard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Garrard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2010 12:55:21 -0400

Hi again, I heard that the link didn't work.  Here it is. If it fails again, I don't know how to fix it in the body of this message, so just google "real food made easy conversions" and it should take you right to the page.

http://www.realfoodmadeeasy.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/glutenfree-flours-volume-weight.pdf

Mary

Hello, I occasionally encounter a recipe that uses grams or ounces to measure ingredients, especially flours. I don't have a nice digital gram scale, and since I don't have room for one on my small counter and have too many kitchen gadgets already, I probably won't ever get one. (I do have one of those inexpensive gram scales I bought to use to count grams while packing for a backpacking trip.) I thought I would make up a conversion chart, but first I searched the web, and I found this handy conversion guide on the Real Food Made Easy blog:  http://www.realfoodmadeeasy.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/glutenfree-flours-volume-weight.pdf.  Thanks, Janice!

I just found the list a couple of days ago and haven't used it yet, but it's a start. I'll probably test it out using my tiny gram counter to see how closely the flours from my own sources matches these.

(Please don't email to tell me how much better it is to weigh ingredients. I get great results with my volume measuring techniques. Thanks!)

Happy healthy eating to all!

Mary