From:
Shirley Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shirley Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2010 21:14:38 -0400

Free Blood Screening – Southern Arizona

WHAT: Free blood screening for individuals who believe they might have celiac disease and relatives of people who DO have CD.  Kits supplied by Prometheus Labs.  * Download the application for the free screening, print it out, fill it in, and mail it back. http://www.southernarizonaceliacsupport.org/2010foodfaire/screeingregistration2010.pdf

Not sure about your symptoms?  Calculate your ‘Celiac Score’ by downloading this handy guide http://www.southernarizonaceliacsupport.org/documents/celiacscore.pdf

WHERE:  Christ Community Church Gymnasium, 7801 E. Kenyon Dr., Tucson, AZ, (CCC is located on the NW corner of Pantano & Kenyon between 22nd & Broadway.  See map at http://www.southernarizonaceliacsupport.org/images/christcommchurch.gif Look for our signs and banners.

WHEN: From 9 am to 1 pm on Saturday, April 24, 2010.  Phlebotomists, RNs and doctors will be present for the blood draw.  The results will be available in about four weeks and will only be reported to the person taking the test.  We cannot and will not supply information to your doctor or your insurance company.

At the same time as the blood draw, we will have a massive Gluten-Free Food Faire with over 25 vendors supplying GF samples and GF products for sale.  Over 650 attended our GFFF last year.
Bring the kids for fun Cel-Kids activities.
Members of our Medical Advisory Board will be on hand to answer your questions one–on–one.
Buy tickets for frequent raffle prizes and bid on silent auction items. This year SACS is also selling maps indicating GF restaurants in the Tucson area. Restaurant cards will also be available for sale.  These cards help explain to servers and kitchen staff how to safely prepare GF meals.
Gluten Free Creations Bakery http://www.glutenfreecreations.com/  in Phoenix will be offering free delivery on product ordered before April 19th.   (Call: 602.522.0659 or 602.955.2034 for details on bakery product delivery)

If you know anyone in Southern AZ who might benefit from a celiac screening or wants to sample the latest and greatest in GF food, forward this email to them.  Everyone is welcome (even if you don’t live in Arizona!) and everything is absolutely free.

*if you do not have your own Internet access and printing capabilities, call the number on the website and a form will be mailed to you.  Or, send a message via the website.

*******
*******