Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2010 13:47:51 -0400

Here is the waffle iron info  - part 3 - the irons.
*_Waffle Irons:
_*

*__*

_Bella:_
I use the Bella waffle maker available from Kohl's. I don't know the
number but it's the one that is on a stand that you rotate the handle.
  I use the Trader Joe's GL waffle and pancake mix and it comes out just
fine......hope this helps.

_Black & Decker:___
The Waffle maker I have been using is Black & Decker G48TD Grill and

Waffle Baker. The plates are removal for easy cleaning. I have never

had issues with making gluten free waffles. For a time we were making

gluten free and egg free waffles and that is extremely challenging as it

tends to stick. In that case I found that using coconut oil to grease

the plates was especially useful. Continually greasing the plates

between waffles is very important.

I spray my old wafflemaker with Pam and use Pamela's mix ( I whip the egg whites separately to make the batter light) and I have no trouble.
The first one usually sticks a little bit, but it is still extractable and edible.   Good luck!

_Cooks Essentials_:
I use a Cooks Essentials that I ordered a few years ago from Chef's Catalog.

It has four non stick sections. But I had about the first 10 batches stick

until I figured out the problem. Here's the trick so that they don't

stick... The batter must be room temperature, not cold (I use Pamela's

Pancake and Baking Mix). I spray Pam on the griddle sections before heating

up the baker. (I forgot last time and sprayed after the ready light came on

and had to dig them out in chunks). Don't lift the top until you get the

ready beep. Good luck!

_Crofton Belgium_:
I am using a Crofton Belgium Waffle maker(TSK-287AB) for several years
with good success. I purchased it at Aldi's in Western,NY. I use the
Bette Hagman recipe.

_Cuisinart_:

1. I have the Cuisinart 4-Slice Belgian Waffle Maker WAF-100. I oil it
as insurance, and I've never had a problem with waffles sticking.

2. I have a Cuisinart small waffle maker - It's stainless steel but has
sort of a teflon-coating on it and I have had great luck
with it using either my own recipe or a packaged mix. It really wasn't
very expensive - around $25-$29. If you need to know the exact model
number let me know. Good luck.

_GE:_
On a whim about 6 months ago, I bought the basic GE waffle maker that
Walmart carries.  I think it was something like $14.99.
Took it home and got out my Joy of Cooking cookbook and whipped up
homemade waffles exactly to the recipe in the book substituting GF flour.
They came out AMAZING.  Fluffy, light, crispy...they never stick to the
waffle maker.
My daughter LOVES them and we make them all of the time now.  I make a
big batch and freeze the leftovers.
She just puts them in the toaster and they are great.  Better than the
other GF frozen waffles for sure. If you don't have Joy of Cooking and
want the recipe, let me know and I'll send it to you.

Oh, and I use Jules GF flour in all of my baked things.  I'm sure you
could substitute whatever GF flour blend you like.

_Krups_:
I've been using a non-stick Krups (type 653) for years.  I use a pancake
batter which contains 2 T butter or margarine.
I don't have any problem removing the waffles.  Afterwards, while the
iron is still warm, I run a damp paper towel up and down the grooves to
remove any residue.

_Toastmaster_:
I've been making them for years with great success. I brush a small bit
of oil first on each side of the waffle iron.
My first one was a belgian waffle maker, Toastmaster  Mdl
240SCU056N that I purchased at a thrift store (like new) while on
vacation in Hawaii.
After a few years I wanted regular size waffles so I bought the
Toastmaster TMWB2REGW 2 square waffle iron when it was on sale for $10
at RiteAid.
There's no need to spend a lot of money. I do not wash them with soap
and they are only used for gf waffles. I generally use the recipe from
Bette Hagman's first book for Buttermilk Waffles (sub olive oli for
shortening). There is a second recipe for Rice-Soy Waffles which I also
use which does not need dairy.

_Villaware:_

_ _

1. I have a Villaware waffle iron, the kind that makes 5 thin hearts.  I
really like it mostly because I have found that Gf waffles are
much better if made thin rather than thick, like Belgium waffles.  I
always add 2 Tbsp of oil to the batter unless some other oil is called for
to keep them from sticking.  Also don't clean the iron other than a
minimal wipe out between uses.

2. I love my Villaware waffle maker. Bought it through  amazon on line.

_Vinantonio Classic_:

I use the Pamela's mix and they are great - I think whipping the egg
whites separately and folding in at the end makes them very light.
  I add coconut, chopped pecans, and blueberries.  My family fights for
them. I try to make some up ahead and wrap separately and
  freeze for later eating. Serve with real maple syrup, not the fake stuff.

My waffle maker is really really old - Vitantonio Classic Waffle Maker,
and still works great! Going on 36 years of marriage with it.
   If I were looking for a new one, I would look for one that has
removable plates for washing easier, if they make such a thing.

*******
*******