BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2010 23:03:52 -0700
In the southern Willamette Valley, the night sky is too obscured to
see the milky way. But we did see some of the Perseid Showers tonight.
We had the good company of a motley group of night-folk.

Wherever you all are, I hope you grabbed a look. I envy those of you
with less light pollution, and especially-- I forget who -- the ones
out in a boat. Nice.

Thanks, Ken, for the reminder. It's a gift to be able to see the stars
and look at them in tranquility.

A woman who lives around here learned that she would be losing her
sense of sight. So, she took a trip way, way up toward the north pole
to look at the aurora borealis up close while she could still see.

Mary