From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2010 15:52:17 -0600
Hi, all.

Well, today's Cross-country blind ops net was a bit of a challenge, due to
QRM related to a contest, but we managed to pull it off relatively
unscathed.

We had 15 check-ins, from throughout the country.

They were:

K7RX from near Seattle, WA
WB6IVF--Gerry near boulder, CO
W7OQ--Dave in Metford, OR
N9AUY--Bob from Muskegon, MI
N4HZ--Roger in Mayfield, KY
WA4FRJ--Don in Big Rapids, MI
N5GD--Gary in Mississippi
Nl7NP--Ron in Eagle River, Alaska
KF4DWD--Carlos mobile in southwestern, Virginia
W3IUU--Lloyd in Kensington, MD
KW3A--Steve near Philadelphia, PA
N9KIW--Chip in Colorado
W8OWN--George in Big Rapids, MI
VE7CGP--Jim in British Columbia,  Canada
WA8YUZ--George in White Lake, Michigan.

We are going to have to think about what to do regarding next week's net,
due to the CQ WPX SSB contest that will be happening all next week-end.

We could always try 20 meters, but I suspect it will be pretty much a lost
cause.

We could move up to 17 meters around 18.160, like we did several weeks ago
due to another contest, but if we do this, I will have to step aside as net
control.  I don't think my Alpha Delta DXCC antenna does very well on
17meters, and I get some significant RFI on that band, especially when using
the amplifier.

One other thing to think about with 17 meters is that we probably shouldn't
be doing a formal net on that band.  Apparently, there are gentlemen's
agreements that prohibit nets on the WARC bands, so we will need to honor
them.

Once we get beyond next week-end, I think things should be manageable for a
while on or near our usual 20-meter frequency.

Any thoughts throughout the week would be appreciated.

Thanks, and 73 from Tom Behler;  KB8TYJ