From:
Loy Pressley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2014 10:22:59 -0500
I have been meaning to ask this for a long time, but never seem to have
the time. This time, however, here goes...

I have a small home network using a Trendnet wireless router and a
satellite modem for internet access. The internet access is through Dish
and is not very reliable, but that is about the best that is possible in
this rural location. That is another issue.

The issue is that I am trying to use MS SyncToy 2.1 as a sort of backup
to backup files that change almost daily on my desktop computer to my
laptop, and the laptop will not allow access to some of the files on the
laptop that I am trying to sync. A secondary (and sometimes even more
irritating problem) is that sometimes the desktop can't seem to find the
laptop and that's another problem.

As you can see, there seems to be multiple problems here. I'm frustrated
with everything that I've tried and need some help.

Particulars: the desktop is an AMD running Win7 64-bit with a 1 terabyte
HD and 8 gigs of ram. The laptop is a Toshiba running Win7 home premium.
I also have direct wired to the modem, an old Dell computer with Win 7
Pro 32-bit...it is seldom turned on. All the systems are fully patched
and up-to-date in that manner. As I said, the wireless router is a
TrendNet 300 MBps wireless N home router.

Note: I seem to be able to fully access the files on the desktop from
the laptop, but not the other way around even though I have punched
every switch that I can find to try to make it so.

Thanks in advance,

Loy

--
On Judgment Day how are you going to tell God you haven't read His book??
Jesus said, "If you love Me, keep My commandments." (John 14:15)

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>