C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 2009 12:18:27 -0700
Wonder how they define "complete disuse?"  Since my stroke I've had very
little functional use of my left arm, but I've still got relatively normal
musculature in the upper arm.  I also wonder if the spasticity I have in my
arm (and leg) has served to prevent the complete loss of muscle mass.
People I know with complete spinal cord injuries seem to lose muscle mass
much more quickly than those with incomplete injuries (i.e., those with
spasticity).

--

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.