BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2010 19:22:17 -0400
On 8/18/2010 2:34 PM, Rudy Christian wrote:
> Don't you just cobble it together, hence the name?

Rudy,

A little more complicated than that.

John Callan a few years back got me looking into possibly consulting on
how to save/repair cobble streets for a situation in Michigan where
State DOT was looking to tear them up & replace w/ asphalt. I know
glacial cobbles. Same stone in Upstate NY, same glaciers.

I got to the proposal stage then it died, but not on my end.

But asking for help can mean a whole mess of things. Lately we have been
doing a lot of being asked for help and finding out the first task is to
get paid for helping the poor lost souls figure out what their problem
is to begin with... so that we can then figure out if we can help them,
or not.

For instance, a probe package on a 200+ tall building the architect we
thought was saying that we can either use a rope or an electric scaffold
and they want a price for each option. Most mechanics would drop dead at
40' pulling themselves up on a rope scaffold. Turned out they meant that
someone can hang from a rope and take a 1' x 1' square chunk of stone
out of the wall. I'd hate to have to be the guy holding that and trying
to get down without dropping it.

][<en