From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 20:09:58 -0600
well, at least the DStar rigs don't have to be computer programmed.
everything is availible from the front pannel.
computer control or programming is always, and probably always will be, a
secondary or backup alternative to programming things from the front of the
radio.
the ham radio service demands stand alone and field ready operation without
computer or backup power sources availible.
manufacturers know this and built their products acordingly.
the only time there is no manual control is when the rig is totally computer
controlled like the ts2000B.
and that certainly wouldn't be a radio used for field operations.
73
Colin, V A6BKX