From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 2010 11:46:46 -0400
    Fred:

Thanks to the help and very patient guidance of Kevin (K7RX), I am now using
an Ameritron AL811H amplifier.  With a great cheat sheet that Kevin
designed, the steps to tuning the amplifier are not very hard at all.

You will need a good manual tuner, though, if you are planning to use the
amplifier on frequencies where your antenna might not quite be resonant for
some of your preferred  operating bands.

Actually, I did swap out the 811's in my AL811H for some more robust 572B's,
but still have the 811's set aside as a back-up if needed.

I'll be happy to help you in any way I can, just as Kevin did for me.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ