From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2010 18:30:33 -0600
Yup, and, if you are listening outside the Ham bands on the ts2000, you have
to double check weather the tuner is inline as well as sometimes it'll
attenuate the receiver out of band.
With the two little resisters removed, the radio's internal tuner will
function perfectly from 1.8 to 30MHZ as well.
but, as is fairly well known, a proper external antenna tuner will always
perform better than the radio's internal tuner...especially if you have an
auto tuner up close to the antenna feed point.
73
Colin, V A6BKX