From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:22:42 -0500
Yesterday 20 seemed very long.  Heard tom and kevin very well.  Couldn't
copy anyone else at all. Location is Muncie indiana, so put me on short skip
for many.
As to antennas, just get as much wire in the air as possible, and feed with
ladder line, twinlead, or window line, to a balun then bring coax into the
shack.

I took a 75 meter dipole, added 20 feet of wire to each end as a coil on a
piece of 2 inch pvc, then hooked a 10 foot tail to that.
Total wire in the air is 180 feet fed with 300 ohm window line and a 4:1
balun.
The k3 tunes 160 through ten, and the old dentron mt2000 works very well.
Its a little touchy on 160, but does work.
I work mostly qrp cw and usually if I can heare them and have enough
patience, I can work them.
I'll be there on 17 next weekend.
Hope this helps someone.