From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2010 08:24:05 -0500
grounding will only help some rf issues, not all, and personally I don't
even think most. There's a lot to consider, proximity of the antenna to the
radio, example, if it's too close to the radio, that can do it, my 40 meter
dipole there is no explanation for it but I have it when I run power.
Usually dipoles won't have that problem, but a long wire is likely to.
Length of your ground line can do it too. I gave up trying to run an rf
ground here because it would be so long it was causing more problems than
anything else, yet other than that 40 meter dipole problem which was worse
with the ground, I have no problem at all. I actually think the problem
there for me is the way my help putting the antenna up did his strain relief
on the coax but I'm not going to fix it now, the cobra ultralite works just
as well with no rf so I'll run that until I move then fix that.