BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2012 18:55:36 -0400
From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
There are very few stucco houses in southern Vermont but I can think of 2
or 3, and none of them are painted unless they are painted stucco color.

How did stucco get its name?  Ruth

At 3:00 PM -0400 3/17/12, Eric Hammarberg wrote:
My experience parallels Eileen's. Worked on a 1910's stucco house and we
analyzed the stucco for a color / mix match. It had yellow/ochre pigment
and the aggregate was serpentine stone. Greenish rock common in our parts
but I believe it contains asbestos. We cleaned the house first and patched
the stucco as well as leaving some cracks active by installing sealant and
dusting with pigment and serpentine. Worked great cuz we had a great crew.
Also, I grew up near Fallingwater and recall they hadn't painted for years.
Lastly, if I recall correctly, the Guggenheim was not painted originally. I
know it is CIP but still similar honesty in materials thinking.

Take care,

Eric Hammarberg
Branch Manager
Brisk Waterproofing