Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 00:09:51 -0600
7bit
From:
Gale Conard <[log in to unmask]>
There, definitely, is no mention of a volume control for the synthesizer,
either on the synthesizer-board or on the main board, in the operators
manual of the 718.  Even if there is such a control in other models of Icom
gear, keep in mind that the 718 is a, relatively, low-cost unit.
The manual does say that the synthesizer can announce the time, but there
are no instructions for setting the time.

I have found that the easiest way to overcome the noise vs. synthesizer
problem is to close the squelch before pressing the lock key.

I have been using my 718 for five or six years, and have been pleased with
its performance.  My only complaint is the uselessness of both the
noise-blanker and the noise-reduction function of the dsp board.  The
notch-filter is excellent, though.

Good luck, Butch.

73,
Gale