From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 2010 12:20:40 -0500

Here's some potentially good news, but it may require some letter-writing.

I just read in the Philadelphia Inquirer that Lega Sea Foods is opening up a restaurant (may not be called that name) in the terminals at Philadelphia International Airport. So I phoned to ask if they will have gf options, since their restaurants do. (Their restaurants even have edible gf bread!). The answer I got from the corporate number receptionist, who phoned over to the menu dept. to ask, was that it probably will have gf foods, although it's too early to tell. They're still in construction. The menu lady said that the Legal Sea Food at Logan Airport in Chicago has gf options, so she's assuming they'll do it at Philly.

Now, I don't know how many of you go through Philly Airport. I'm there all the time. But there is nearly zilch for us to eat there. I bring my tuna packets and my own breakfast when I'm traveling out of there, which is all the time. (My husband and I prefer to get to airports early, go through security, and then eat before flying, especially since you can't get gf meals...or any decent meals, when flying within the country, anymore.)

I've included the phone number, but calling won't do much good. The girl is just handling the reception area today and really has no clout. She says they've already gotten positive feedback about gf meals, but she knows nothing about it. Explaining it to her was an exercise in futility.  But writing letters.....to say we'd really appreciate it if they planned for it, not only at Philly, but wherever they have an airport outlet...that might be more effective. The receptionist did say that it probably won't be a full-service restaurant, but more accommodating to an airport climate...so I think it's important that we write to Corporate now, while they're in the planning stages.

Lin

Legal Sea Foods

Quality Control Center

One Seafood Way