BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2011 16:24:53 -0400
People quite often ask me why they should attend a social event where
there is no structure and no anticipation for anything in particular to
happen other than people get to say hello to each other face to face.

Sometimes the most important thing we can do in our lives is be present
in the room.

At the June NYC bagel & coffee hosted by BBB there was a very brief
exchange between Pat Morrissey (Conspec Associates) and James Cohen, PE
(Arup).

Pat mentioned that he had been trying for several years to get
established a Preservation Engineering course at Manhattan College.
James mentioned that he had a curriculum already worked up. That he had
presented it to a few colleges (Columbia, Princeton) and been turned
down. The upshot of a few minutes of conversation is that Pat and James
made the connection and now there is a Preservation Engineering course
lined up at Manhattan College for the fall semester.