From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:57:24 -0400
Great Story_ Great anniversery, My first novice call/kn4BOA, in 58I
think, only lasted a year, My first rig was a homebrewed by a friend,
6l6 or actually 5881, with a 6x4 as well.  RX was an A R B, don't
remember the nomenclature, but it'd been an aircraft rx, run with a
28volt dynamotor, received Longwave, AMBC, 1.6-4, and 4-9 megs  had
avc on and off, bfo on and off and pitch, bandswitch and single tuning
knob, volume-on-off control, but that thing was one of the best
receivers I ever owned.
More Later, dd.I think,