From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2010 10:05:24 -0230
Hi List:

Last night on 40m, I experienced a puzzling with my Amp.
I tuned up as normal and with 65W of drive, amp in the CW/Tune, I got 840W out as normal.
When I decreased my drive however, the output increased. 59W showed 905W.
My initial 10 starting tune up, showed 240. Now when I 1ST bought this old beast, the Gentleman who gave the amp the once over for me told me that the meter may sometimes stick and I'm wondering if that was one of those times.
On 20M this afternoon, everything went normal, 100 in, 1000 out in the CW/tune, 840 with 65.
40M seems to be the only band on this amp that gives me an occasional puzzling. Maybe it's haunted? LOL

73:
Michael DE VO1RYN

P S
Love my FT-450. I pulled a VK out of the noise last night on 80M with the filtering, with a carolina windom at 35F.
Couldn't do that with my other rigs. Note: when in split, the vs announces both freqs with out holding the TX watch.
It says: "RX freq # plus mode then TX  freq plus mode.