Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:48:42 -0500
They do have an apparently undocumented limit.  They recommend no larger
than a 2Gb drive I think, and we put 20 books on an 8Gig drive and my wife
told me it only recognized the first four.

You can get a narrower usb drive in the front of the player, where the
cartridge normally goes, it is the same type of USB connection.  YOu just
have to maneuver it a bit.