From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 2009 17:26:44 -0800
Hi All,

Well, we got on at 2000 Zulu this afternoon on 14.258.  I served as net
control from here in the Seattle metro area.  We had 16 stations besides
myself from almost all parts of the country except the Southwest.  For the
most part, signals were good here, especially from the Maryland and
Pennsylvania areas, from both stations in Mississippi, Tom in Colorado and
Frank in Alaska.  I think that if we were to call the net on 20 with net
controls at either side of the country and relays ready to help, we could
make a very good go of it.

Here is a list of stations who checked in along with their locations and a
note as to signal quality here in Federal Way.  Perhaps this will generate
some discussion.

K7RX, Kevin, Federal Way, WA; Net Control

W3IUU, Lloyd, MD, loud and clear
WA7FXB:  Al, NC, weak but readable
N5GD: Gary, MS, loud and clear
KK3F:  Pat, Frostberg, MD, loud and clear
wl7o: Big Lake, AK, Frank  (not blind), loud and clear
K5XU: Mike, Jackson, MS, loud and clear
KE5MBD: Bruce, Horseshoe Bend, AR (not blind), loud and clear
K1LV:  Terry, Denver (not sure of vision), weak with difficulty reading him
KG4ITD" Junior, FL, weak and unreadable (sorry Junior)
KD4JEZ: David, Naples, FL, weak but readable
KB8TYJ, Tom, Boulder, Co, loud and clear
VE4ANX: Menno, Winepeg, MB, loud and clear
WA3MIX: Lou, Williamsport, PA, loud and clear
W7OQ: Dave, Medford, unreadable due to close distance
KD5SRW; John, Norman, OK (not blind), loud and clear
N1PDL: VT (not sure of vision), weak and unreadable

I hope this gives an example of how well it worked today.  By contrast, I
heard nothing on 40 meters tonight after listening for about ten minutes or
so and making some calls on 7197.

Very 73 to all.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX