From:
Tom Mayer SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 2010 09:18:24 -0800
I would go back somewhat in the build and disconnect the hard drive and
the combo drive. If the MB has on-board video, remove the video card. If
the BIOS permits, reset the BIOS to some sort of overall "safe" settings
or at least "default" settings.Than try to boot the machine with just
PS, MB, CPU and RAM.

I am assuming that you have checked to make sure the CPU and RAM are
compatible with the MB. I would recheck the manual to make sure the MB
does not require some manual jumper settings to match the CPU and/or RAM
features. Also, I would recheck the seating of the CPU and RAM to make
sure they are firmly in place.

If you are using more than one stick of RAM and depending upon the MB
requirement for RAM placement, you might try various placements and
amounts of RAM.

If there is still a problem, let us know.

Tom

On 2/27/2010 6:03 AM, Matt Puchta wrote:
> I have just completed a new build and was doing the first boot and it gets as far as updating DMI and just sits there,  I can restart and go into the bios setup and go through all functions in the BIOS but it will not boot.  The system uses a Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H Mobo with an AMD Phenon II x2 545 CPU, a Gigabyte 4650 video card, Western digital 750GB harddrive and a Liteon SATA combo drive.

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads