From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 2010 21:45:12 -0800
I agree with David's assessment that it is probably a Windows issue rather
than hardware. Have you tried running device manager and doing a scan for
new hardware? To run device manager directly rather than going through
control panel, just run devmgmt.msc. I suspect that your drive will be
recognized in the scan. This may not be the solution that you ultimately
want, but it might be a patch. Also, try going to drive manager and assign a
specific drive letter to the external drive.

Peter