From:
Allan Balliett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2011 07:06:01 -0400
There's actually a 'card' out there that shows the likely caretnoid/omega-3
content of pastured eggs based on yolk color (the card is a series of yolk
pictures with nutrient values) The darker orange the yolk, the better,
apparently. Unfortunately, many producers are using two different natural
dyes to color their yolks! (marigold and, I think, paprika) -Allan in WV
(who produces delicious eggs on pasture and, yes, many people who get sick
on commercial eggs can eat all the pastured eggs they want without feeling
sick at all)