From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2010 09:59:30 -0400
I'm not sure that digital signals like PSK31 will come through an internet
voice encoder very well.  I haven't tried it, but when you are trying to
send tones through an encoder that expects voice, the results may not be
very good, especially when the signal is noisy.

I have copied a little PSK31 and RTTY using the DM780 program and
Window-Eyes 7.11.  I had to put the mouse pointer in a particular spot, then
check the line frequently as new data came in, filled the line, then
scrolled upward in the window.  I first had to tell DM780 which of the
signals it heard was the signal I wanted to decode.  I have not transmitted
with this setup yet, and it doesn't look very ergonomic.  And this is with a
direct connection through a Signalink USB to my FT-950.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls