From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 2009 23:57:00 -0600
let's put it this way, unlike CB bass radios, very few  ham radios  include
a built in power supply.
there are a few, but they are usually high end and fairly expensive on the
used market...
I'm thinking radios like the IC900 has one, and perhaps a few models for VHF
and UHF, but the industry standard in amateur radio is to use a power supply
and allow the radio to be used on emergency backup power if necesary IE a
battery or generator.
So, if your friend really requires a radio that you can plug in the wall,
he'll pay more, and get an older radio likely without any sort of speech
capability if he needs that, and something that will be outdated at that.
or he can buy something very modern, cheap and pay an extra 50 bucks for an
adequit power supply.
73
Colin, V A6BKX