Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2010 13:44:11 -0700
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Kenneth Whyman SC <[log in to unmask]>
Windows and USB have both experienced power management issues similar to
what you have described ever since Windows 9x. The best way to insure
reliable wake-ups is to directly connect external drives to the
computer, rather than rely on a USB hub. Beyond that, make sure your USB
drivers in Windows, any power management features in the OS, and your
BIOS are as up to date as possible to reduce the likelihood of buggy
code interfering with the sleep or wake-up functions. That includes the
firmware on the external drive(s), as well. Even with all that updated,
I still cannot guarantee completely reliable performance. It's just the
nature of the beast at times.